Thursday, October 18, 2007

Inspiration

I got inspired the other day by a book I'm reading to write about my life...my thoughts, my feeling, my opinions, my experiences. It kind of sounds presumptuous and self-indulgent to me, but like the person who inspired me, I will deem it worthy for the sake of my children. It's not that mine is a story that will make a difference in the world, but it might in theirs.

My inspiration is a book written by and about one person. It is simply a collection of stories, thoughts and poems about things that are important to them. Not everyone would find this person's life of interest but I do. Since I was a child this person has made a big impact on my life. This book is just the latest way that I've been inspired through her to do something positive. She thought her children would want to know their mother a bit better, maybe mine will someday too.

I've always been interested in the experiences of other. I guess that's why I frequently watch entertainment or "tabloid" shows on TV, another reason I'm drawn to "reality" shows. But you don't have to be famous to get my attention. I find myself watching people, even at the grocery store, just to see what they put in their carts. "Why did they choose that brand?" I might think to myself, or "I wonder what they are going to make with that?". It's a curiosity thing, I guess...like why anyone would be interested in reading this blog in the first place.

So here I am typing my first of many ramblings about things most people will probably never care to read about, but I will write anyway. Because you never know who might find inspiration from something I find inspired to write about.

No comments: